[Catalyst] Forms and Plugins and Tutorials, oh my!!

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 16:27:09 CEST 2006

On 18/08/06, Jonas Alves <jonas.alves at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/08/06, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > If you don't want to manually download the dojo library, it needs
> > Catalyst::Plugin::Dojo which currently uses HTML::Dojo, but will be
> > changed to use Alien::Dojo once that's merged with HTML::Dojo. - see
> > the previous discussion on this list, titled "Alien-Dojo / HTML-Dojo
> > merger suggestions"
> >
> > If you're able to help at all with developing these, it'd be most welcome.
> > The first priority is probably rewriting Alien::Dojo, along the lines
> > mentioned in the "Alien-Dojo / HTML-Dojo merger suggestions" email.
>
> Hi Carl,
> I would like to help developing these modules. Could you give some
> guidance in what needs to be done.
> I really need HTML::Widget::Dojo for the future versions of InstantCRUD.

At the moment, there's only been 1 release of Alien::Dojo, and it's broken.
The author is happy to hand over maintenance of it.

The message mentioned above is here:
http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2006-June/008222.html
This is Yuval's resonse:
http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2006-June/008225.html
It seems a bit over-engineered to me, but Yuval is the man when it
comes to design, so I bow to him. Unfortunately, I don't have the time
to work on it - it's a minor issue for me, as it's so easy to manually
download the dojo-ajax release from the website.

As HTML-Widget-Dojo stands, I think the latest in subversion worked ok
with dojo v0.3.
Dojo v0.3.1 has since been released, so we need to check whether the
widgets we use have had incompatable changes.
I had posted a few bug reports - I'll need to search for them and see
if they've been addressed.

This thread also mentions a couple of issues that might still be outstanding.
http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/html-widget/2006-May/thread.html#2

Feel free to ask anything else.
Anything specific to HTML-Widget-Dojo should probably be on the H-W list though.

Cheers,
Carl