[Catalyst] ways to do stuff and why

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 22:45:16 CEST 2006

following this with interest. I'm a beginner at this stuff, but the
way I am seeing the problem goes something like this:

1. devise a schema for the data that needs storing that is as robust
and future proof as I can make it.

2. figure out how the front end logic wants to see that data to make
life easy. In other words, what interface objects/methods will  make a
decent job of hiding the internal complexities of the data from the
Controller? What objects should exist?

3. have another look at the schema and align the two ways of looking
at the data where appropriate. Then implement code on top of the model
to bridge the two views, implement the API, and protect the db against
crap data ...

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com