[Catalyst] how to get started?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Aug 21 17:28:20 CEST 2006

Chisel Wright wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 08:08:19AM -0700, Steve Atkins wrote:
>> Task::Catalyst is completely broken.
>
> Just out of interest, in what way?

Incorrect (as in old) version numbers, missing prerequisites somewhere
in the chain, dependency upon modules which aren't common that don't
build particularly cleanly/correctly on any of the 3 OSes I have tried
(Linux, Solaris, Windows), ...

Cat-in-a-box and related efforts are good.  I have a badly out of date
make file to handle this, going to give that up in favor of mirroring
CPAN locally, and just building what is needed.

FWIW, anything like DBIx::* that doesn't have an explicit dependence
upon DBI, just as an example, not pointing a finger at DBIx::* or DBI,
has a tendency to break, spectacularly, during testing.

Huge dependency radii/trees are not fun.

--

Joe Landman
landman _at_ scalableinformatics _dot_ com