[Catalyst] dbic models and startup time server

Josef Chladek j.chladek at wirtschaftsblatt.at
Mon Aug 21 21:37:41 CEST 2006

hi,

we have a CRUD/cms app that uses many (approx. 20) dbic models/
schemas. the startup time for xxxx_server.pl takes a lot of time (1
min or so), when we run it under mod_perl restarting of apache takes
also very long. we tried using

http://marcusramberg.livejournal.com/30525.html

to speed up things, which helped, but still it is hard to develop as
any change to the code and restarting takes ages.
are we doing something wrong? any chance of speeding it up? splitting
it into 20 apps with one model/schema each is not a solution we want
to go - any hints on this?

thanks
josef