[Catalyst] dbic models and startup time server

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 20:29:04 CEST 2006

On 8/22/06, Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...] and it might not be possible to make it significantly faster without
> rewriting it in XS [...]

Ok, I lied.  I went back to stare at Algorithm::C3 and Class::C3, and I
remembered an earlier performance hack I had tried, but never got around to
cleaning up and committing and pushing out.  It won't solve all your ills,
but it should give another incremental performance boost for DBIC start
times and its a relatively nonintrusive change that can be made Right Now.
Attached are patches against the latest CPAN versions of Algorithm::C3 and
Class::C3, please give them a shot (if nothing else, I'd like some testing
feedback on them before committing and pushing this stuff).

-- Brandon