[Catalyst] Framework Confusion: Catalyst, Jifty, Woodstock (Mojo)? 'Sup?

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Aug 22 20:33:00 CEST 2006

Hugh Lampert wrote:
> Experts:  Why is Catalyst a qw/better more-robust more-enduring
> better-Rails-Killer easier-to-use/  framework than Jifty or
> (Woodstock|Mojo)?

Only you can answer these questions.  Try them out, and use what you like.

Catalyst's advantage is flexibility.  It can do anything.

Jifty's advantage is that it was designed (mostly) by one person -- so
there's only one way to do things.

I personally have tried and failed to use Jifty a number of times,
whereas I have several Cat application under my belt.  YMMV, of course.

Regards,
Jonatahan Rockway