[Catalyst] Fastest Perl HTTPD?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Aug 26 16:50:02 CEST 2006

Pedro Melo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2006/08/26, at 13:32, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> Jonas Alves wrote:
>>> http://use.perl.org/~Matts/journal/30758
>> "Now how can I get the Jifty and Catalyst communities interested in
>> using this
>> as their primary web server?"
>>
>> Not that I've been prodding him about this on IRC repeatedly :)
>
> Yeah, I've also left him a comment :)
>
>> Axkit2 looks like it'll be a lovely candidate for a production-quality
>> scalable standalone server, although it's a single-process affair with
>> optional forking so we'll need to figure out how to manage that
>> appropriately
>> to maximise performance.
>
> hmms... In fact if he forks and supports Keep-Alive, i'll be happy.
> Usually you already have a front-end reverse proxy for static
> content, and usually that front-end is able to keep persistent
> connections to the back-end application servers.

Right, but the whole point of the AIO approach is that it can do the comms
back to the front-end asynchronously itself - i.e. it already has the key
thing that makes perlbal/lighty/etc. scalable built into itself. So we want to
take advantage of that, probably by setting it up so as soon as finalize_body
is called the response can be handed back to Axkit2 in full and the Catalyst
process can go on to serving another request.