[Catalyst] FormValidator::Simple Sillyness

Jason Crummack jason.crummack at easysoft.com
Wed Aug 30 13:00:25 CEST 2006

I currently use $c->localize in my templates to allow foreign language
labels / messages, I struggled a little with HTML::Widget to do this
where as with CGI::FormBuilder it was relatively straight forward, so at
the moment ;-) I'm also a fan of CGI::FormBuilder.

It can also (don't want to start a flame war) generate simple javascript
based client validation code, which could help on heavily loaded
servers, client performs validation before post, but server also
performs same validation.

Your probably right about being able to get the same level of control in
HTML::Widget but for me it wasn't as straight forward as CGI::FormBuilder.

Jason Crummack
Easysoft Limited