[Catalyst] auth::DBIC & session problems

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Aug 30 19:09:48 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 12:01:34 -0400, leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com wrote:
> So I still have the problem where if I use Authentication::Store::DBIC, I
> cannot use a session plug-in because freeze() doesn't like coderefs, and
> my DBIC objects contain codrefs for their inflate/deflate methods.

Okay, i finally figured this one out.

> Win Srv 2003
> Apache 2.0.58/modperl

These are the guilty parties.

Update Tie::RefHash... The core version isn't thread safe, which
means reindexing of refhashes on changed refaddr on either faked
fork on windows, or threaded MPMs with apache 2. This causes the
auth store registry to become effectively corrupted, since the
indexing is wrong, and thus the store is saved in the session
(instead of the store name).

Sorry it took so long.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>