[Catalyst] Last Chance / Last Day: Web development platform contestand Perl / Catalyst

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Dec 1 16:45:41 GMT 2006

Brandon Black wrote:
> On 11/30/06, Sebastian Riedel <sri-lists at oook.de> wrote:
>> And p5 development is not as active as you might think,
>> just take a look at the comments under
>> http://use.perl.org/~sri/journal/31519.
>>
>> The quote "Perl5 is not dead, it's just very, very stable" sums it up
>> quite well.
>>

> 216 distinct threads in the past 3 weeks on the p5p mailing list
> (according to gmail) say otherwise.  P5 development is definitely
> "active".  The upload activity on CPAN is on a constant upwards trend.
> The mere existence of groundbreaking modules like Moose are hard
> evidence as well.

In fact, P5P has more traffic than all the Perl6 lists combined.  My
perl6 folder has 163 unread messages, and p5p has 754.  (Yes, I'm a bit
behind.)

Perl.  Is.  Not.  Dead.

Is there anything more we need to add to this discussion?

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,