[Catalyst] Re: old versions of Catalyst on CPAN

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 15:38:27 GMT 2006

On 12/3/06, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't.  This is a common complaint on IRC and PM, so I'd like to
> resolve it.  I know search.cpan isn't the ideal source of current
> documentation, but lots of people use it for that, and I'd like to help them
> if possible.  If that's not possible, I'd like to be able to explain why not.

IMO, the real issue is that the CPAN indexer and search are crap.
Really, it can't be *that* difficult to display the most recent
Catalyst version instead of some terribly old one.

However, I do think that sri could be more helpful on this matter,
since CPAN works in the bugged way it does. But as I remember from the
short time on IRC and mailing lists discussions where he was involved,
this will probably never happen (instead, we'll get a  "PATCHES
WELCOME" for the CPAN search or something like that ;-) ). And, of
course, this is something he has the right to do.

Anyway, I don't think this discussion thread will ever end up
generating productive results.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.