[Catalyst] Wikis (was: Last Chance / Last Day: Web development platform contest and Perl / Catalyst)

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue Dec 5 11:39:50 GMT 2006

* Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at fcc.ro> [2006-12-05 11:45]:
> From: "A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis at gmx.de>
> > I think they all suck. :-)
> >
> > I’d probably try PhpWiki first.
>
> Ok, thanks. Do you want to say that all of them have big bugs?

No, I’m just saying all of them having things I dislike a lot as
a user.

> I wonder why there are so few wikis in perl comparing with PHP
> wikis, and why the best ones have big bugs, keeping in mind
> that perl is one of the best languages for text processing.

It’s *very* easy to write a half-assed wiki engine. In fact,
I wrote one by accident. (I’m not joking.) The only remotely
non-trivial system design issue is versioning (although some
wiki engines don’t even have that).

Regards,