[Catalyst] {OT] protecting against attacks with multilingual input

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 14:05:15 GMT 2006

thanks people, this is very helpful. Well, everything is postgresql /
linux, so MSSQL will never be an issue.

Also I only ever use utf8 ... so I guess I'm home and dry. It would be
very neat to be able to do this without locale-switching (and
installing).

as a matter of interest, does anyone have a reference on why
placeholders protect against injection attacks ? If that is the case,
maybe I can even leave out \w filtering where that is appropriate to
do that.

thanks!