[Catalyst] question from tutorial - does creating HTML in a controller using HTML::Widget violate MVC?

Hermida, Leandro Leandro.Hermida at fmi.ch
Tue Dec 5 14:10:57 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I thought the tutorial was absolutely great - things that I had in the
past spent hours developing myself are practically plug and play and it
gives you a nice taste of how powerful Catalyst is!

One question about the tutorial though, doesn't building "presentation"
material inside the controller using HTML::Widget so of break the MVC
concept?  After reading the Catalyst intro and about MVC I thought I
wouldn't be writing anything HTML or presentation specific in the M or
the C parts, only in the V which are the TT files.  Do I have something
wrong in my thinking?

Leandro