[Catalyst] Re: question from tutorial - does creating HTML in a controller using HTML::Widget violate MVC?

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Dec 6 08:54:41 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 02:42, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * John Siracusa <siracusa at mindspring.com> [2006-12-06 03:15]:
> > My stance has always been that I don't mind "code" in templates
> > so long as the sole purpose of that code is to layout and
> > format the data.
>
> ++

I prefer to make things TT plugins for maximum reusability.  I don't want Perl
sitting around in my templates, because it's completely unmaintainable there.
(At least until someone writes Test::BlobOfEmbeddedPerl.)  Unit testing
plugins is easy (and so is writing them).  Plus, the web developers can't
mess them up (not that they want to, it's just that dreamweaver and friends
have a tendency to blow away non-HTML).

I like the coderef-in-stash approach also, but I've never actually done it.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,