[Catalyst] question from tutorial - does creating HTML in a controller using HTML::Widget violate MVC?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Dec 6 14:25:16 GMT 2006

On 6 Dec 2006, at 13:57, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't use HTML::Widget at all. The people who took over maint
>> after sebastian gave up on it have struggled valiantly to make it
>> useful and production quality and so far as I'm concerned failed. Not
>> one of his better experiments :)
>
> So what's considered best practice in this area, is it still
> Data::FormValidator or should we be looking at something else ?

I hate that, the ::Simple variety and CGI::FormBuilder least out of
the current CPAN-able options.

Personally, I'm using Reaction for this but our "newer, shinier,
rounder" variant on this oft-reinvented wheel is still a bit
documentation-shy so I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anybody with a
SAN score in the double digits just yet.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for