[Catalyst] question from tutorial - does creating HTML in acontroller using HTML::Widget violate MVC?

Hermida, Leandro Leandro.Hermida at fmi.ch
Wed Dec 6 18:00:53 GMT 2006

> > On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Matt S Trout wrote:
> >
> > > I wouldn't use HTML::Widget at all. The people who took over maint

> > > after sebastian gave up on it have struggled valiantly to make it
> > > useful and production quality and so far as I'm concerned
> > > failed. Not one of his better experiments :)
> >
> > So what's considered best practice in this area, is it still
> > Data::FormValidator or should we be looking at something else ?
>
> I hate that, the ::Simple variety and CGI::FormBuilder least
> out of the current CPAN-able options.

Sorry my lack of English understanding today - but does the
above mean that Data::FormValidator, Data::FormValidator::Simple
and CGI::FormBuilder are NOT good choices?  What do experienced
Catalyst users think are the best CPAN choices for:

1) Form validation and processing
2) Form building

I guess it should be noted that if HTML::Widget shouldn't be used
in the ways that it was in the tutorial than it should be completely
replaced with the CPAN module that most Catalyst users think
should be there.

Thanks in advance,

Leandro