[Catalyst] question from tutorial - does creating HTML in a controller using HTML::Widget violate MVC?

Alejandro Imass alejandro.imass at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:10:46 GMT 2006

just my $.02:

After reading this thread, I would like to give a word of support for
HTML::Widget

In my particular case, I built a complete set of admin apps, simple
CRUD screens very, very fast using HTML::Widget and I did not find it
_that_ bad at all. I combined the power of TT for some things and the
RAD capabilities of HTML::Widget with the forms to very quickly cook
up these admin apps

I think that HTML::Widget or something like it in the future should
always exist in Catalyst and does not necessarily break the MVC.  The
ability to quickly develop XML forms from the Controller that can be
processed with CSS should not be lost in the future IMHO, so if it's
not HTML::Widget we should standardize something else that does a
similar job.

Alejandro