[Catalyst] AJAX under application/xhtml+xml

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Thu Dec 7 01:53:25 GMT 2006

On Wednesday, Dec 6, 2006, at 17:34 US/Pacific, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 18:24, apv wrote:
>> Does anyone have sample code of anything AJAXy (don't care about the
>> library or if it's hand rolled) that runs under application/xhtml
>> +xml? By default Prototype puts out incompatible script tags and I
>> know in the past some of y'all said you like other libraries better
>> anyway.
>
> You are aware that you can modify Prototype's code, right?  That's
> what I did
> for Angerwhale; check out the svn if you're interested.
What?!? I can write my own code. Based on the code of others? Even
modify it and perhaps rerelease it? Someone let everyone know!
Sorry, Jonathan. I've just been reading a lot of your mail lately. :)
(And I was very excited about your newish Model Feed package but it
won't install on OS X so I'm doubly grumpy.)

I might end up doing that but before I enter the tangle of branching
a big library I don't currently know anything about, I wanted to make
sure I was picking the right big library. MST, I think, and a couple
others I respect (well, respect is a strong word in Matttttt's case,
but I keed!) mentioned they were off Prototype so...

Call me a sheep but copying quite a few of y'all has saved me
hours and hours and hours. Don't try to include me in your tax
returns though! I'll deny it all.

-Ashley