[Catalyst] Re: AJAX under application/xhtml+xml

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Thu Dec 7 06:17:41 GMT 2006

On Wednesday, Dec 6, 2006, at 21:06 US/Pacific, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * apv <apv at sedition.com> [2006-12-07 01:35]:
>> Does anyone have sample code of anything AJAXy (don't care
>> about the library or if it's hand rolled) that runs under
>> application/xhtml+xml?
>
> Why do you want to serve that?
Just to be a tough guy. :) Trying to stay on top of things,
I suppose. "Do it right." Start to move into the sort of space
jrock was talking about on another thread where you can serve
all your content in the same way and let the presentation layers
decide the rest.

>> By default Prototype puts out incompatible script tags and
>> I know in the past some of y'all said you like other libraries
>> better anyway.
>
> jQuery works OOTB in real XHTML. Go take a look at the docs on
> the website. If the tutorial and code samples don’t make you Want
> Now, nothing I say will be able to. :-)
>
> (Don’t miss the handy reference at <http://visualjquery.com> if
> you go for it.)
That's great. I looked at it quite awhile back but never
played with it. I'll give it a spin.

-Ashley
(I just realized I upper-cased Ajax before, sigh).