[Catalyst] Re: AJAX under application/xhtml+xml

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Dec 8 13:52:29 GMT 2006

On 7 Dec 2006, at 18:22, Ashley Pond V wrote:

> On Thursday, Dec 7, 2006, at 07:53 US/Pacific, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
>> i just looked at the tutorial, a lot more clear and to the point than
>> other libs I have looked at. Think I'm gonna go with it.
>
> I had a little proof of concept Ajax demo up in about 10 minutes; just
> as long as it took to skim the docs. I haven't played with the other
> libraries but I think jQuery is super nice and especially readable.
> Skimming the base code, it also looks really cleanly done. Terrific.

jquery is impressive for elegant simple stuff.

YUI is impressive for mid-range stuff and a decent set of widgets.

I'm personally sticking with dojo since their architecture is the
sanest from my POV, but it -is- big and it does require some source-
diving; since I tend to RTFS more than the docs even when docs *do*
exist it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I quite happily
accept that it isn't for the faint hearted or for those who're more
interested in convenience than power :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for