[Catalyst] usign Catalyst::Plugin::Prototype

Luis Azevedo braceta at sapo.pt
Fri Dec 8 17:07:06 GMT 2006

There is no standard Ajax framework, and I believe there will never
be...

Ruby on Rails uses Prototype, that's probably why Prototype is a
trend more than a standard.
But what I believe is that Prototype is really simple to use and
effective, with a very small footprint.

Also you might want to use  Dojo, or Yahoo UI Library. They have
several widgets that one can use.

On a daily basis I use Prototype (and derivatives scriptaculous,
rico) + Dojo, it works fine to me.
Dojo is evolving in huge steps with tons of widgets and great
features. Lacks a bit of documentation,
but this will change while the project matures. (Don't be afraid to
step in the source code..)

To wrap up, you must use whatever will serve you better. I just gave
you my perspective of things :)

Luis Azevedo (Braceta)