[Catalyst] Fast CGI vs ModPerl

Renaud Drousies renaud at linuxaddicts.com
Fri Dec 8 20:12:58 GMT 2006

In my opinion, I'd say that the main disadvantage of running a mod_perl
application is that your application runs with the webserver's
credentials, which means that:

- Any security hole means your whole webserver can be compromised
- If you need your catalyst app to access some ressources, then the
user/group the webserver is running as must be granted access to those
ressources.

However, that could be fixed again with a dedicated instance of a mod_perl
enabled apache.

Renaud Drousies