[Catalyst] Re: Strange (error)? when trying to load 20 classes or more on DBIx::Class::Schema

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:24:53 GMT 2006

On 12/14/06, Juan Miguel Paredes <juan.paredes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/14/06, Brian Cassidy <brian.cassidy at nald.ca> wrote:
> > Juan Miguel Paredes wrote:
> > > Hi, folks!
> > >
> > > We've narrowed the problem: when there are sufficient classes loaded
> > > in the DBIC Schema, the Authentication configuration turns out wrong:
> > >
> > > #Confianza.pm (Main Module)
> > > __PACKAGE__->config->{authentication}{dbic} = {
> > >      user_class          => 'Confianza::Model::BD::Usuario',
> > >      user_field          => 'scorreo',
> > >      password_field      => 'scontrasena',
> > >      password_type       => 'hashed',
> > >      password_hash_type  => 'MD5',
> > >  };
> >
> > Try only specifying the bits after Model::
> >
> >      user_class          => 'BD::Usuario',
> >
> > -Brian
> >

> Indeed, it worked fine! Thank you all very, very, much!

I suspect this has to do with $c->comp('Foo') magic, which we've had
issues with in the past with regard to the order in which it resolves
short and long names, and the eventual regex searching that it does.
Perhaps that needs revisiting, and/or a stern doc warning not to use
long names in C::P::Auth::Store::DBIC.

-- Brandon