[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP settings for Microsoft Active Directory

Russell Jenkins rjenkins at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Dec 15 12:06:10 GMT 2006

Hermida, Leandro wrote:
> authentication:
>     ldap:
>         ldap_server: myhostname.domain.com
>         ldap_server_options:
>             version : 3
>         binddn: searchuser
>         bindpw: searchpwd
>         user_basedn: cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=com
>         user_filter: ???
>         user_scope: sub
>         user_field: ???
>         user_search_options: ???
>
> Does anyone know the correct settings for the user_* settings?

That is not too far away from what I'm currently using to authenticate
against an AD. Here's part of my config;
authentication:
     ldap:
         user_field: uid
         user_basedn: ou=grouping,o=Name of Organization,c=country
         user_scope: one
         user_filter: (uid=%s)

I suggest grabbing the Java LDAP browser at :
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/download.html
and having a poke around to determine the exact user_field, filter and
basedn.

Hope that helps!
R.
--
Russell Jenkins
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Melbourne