[Catalyst] Status: Web development platform contest and Perl

Alvar Freude alvar at a-blast.org
Mon Dec 18 00:53:35 GMT 2006

Hi Catalyst developers,

because here was a big discussion about the topic, here is the status of
the web development contest:

We have three perl teams.

PHP and Java too have enough teams.
Python, Ruby and .NET don't have enough teams!

So, the contest will be only between Perl, Java and PHP.

So, perhaps we can say, that Perl is not as dead as Python, Ruby and .NET
;-)

Here you mentioned a lot of reasons why Perl is better as the others. I
suggest that we should support the three Perl teams in terms of strategy
and "best practices" etc. -- e.g. how we can show that Perl is more robust
then PHP etc. To help the teams, you may join the mailing list: