[Catalyst] Couldn't forward to "vdc::View::tt". Does not implement "process"

Alejandro Imass alejandro.imass at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:53:44 GMT 2006

Well, I did transfer from Linux ext3 to a USB drive that is in FAT32
and then onto the server back into ext3 [1]. This was something that I
had not done before and as Chris and Juan Miguel have mentioned I have
also been a victim of case-change by the USB Drive. In my case, it's
because I created the drive in VFAT to have compatibility with Windoze
machines, but made the apparent mistake of using UTF-8 encoding in
that partition. I should have noticed the warning every time I mounted
the drive, but since I have gotten used to mounting and unmounting
using Gnome I had never noticed this particular message:

"FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems,
filesystem will be case sensitive!"

Of course, the message is misleading as it should say case
IN-sensitive, or "you may experience very bad and broken case
sensitive problems!".

Anyway, thanks a lot for your replies, sometimes we need several eyes
to see something so obvious! And of course, my USB drive is going to
ext3 or reiserfs immediately!

Warm regards,
Alejandro Imass

[1] Without tarballing. USB 2 drives are so fast that many times it's
much faster to copy the whole directory. It turned out to be a very
bad idea :-(