[Catalyst] templates

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Dec 20 21:10:48 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 08:44:07PM -0800, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please tell me why the templates should be put under the /root
> directory?

I have all my "content" under root/ -- which includes templates,
static, js, and css -- all as separate directories.  There's no
content in root/ itself -- only in subdirectories.

Actually, I don't really have a templates directory under root.  I
have a root/layout/default directory that has three directories
"templates", "css", and "images".  I use this for changing the "skin"
of the site.

I can add, for example, root/layout/foo/templates/includes/banner.tt
and that will change the look of just the banner for
(site|user|branding|whatever) "foo".  "default/templates" is always in
the template include path, so this makes it easy to just override one
or a few templates when needed.  May not be useful outside my
application.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org