[Catalyst] creating a model

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 14:32:13 GMT 2006

--- Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just learn and use Linux :) (Oops did I say that
> out loud?)
>
> I use Linux for running the created application, but
> not for developing it.
> I need to develop it under Windows, because Linux is
> a very poor operating
> system, good for running servers, but not very good
> as a desktop.
>
> I am blind, and the accessibility of Linux GUIS are
> very poor, the screen
> readers that work under Linux cannot compare with
> those that run under
> Windows.
>
> I think the fact that the perl programs need to be
> ported to other operating
> system sometimes with a pretty big effort, make it a
> less and less popular
> language. Maybe perl6 will solve this, but I hope to
> live until then. :-)
>
> > Happy Holidays everyone!
>
> Thank you and I wish you the same.
>
> Happy holidays!
>
> Octavian

Octavian,

I feel your pain on Windows.  I'm at a company that
requires WindowsXP on the desktop.  However I run a
VMware virtual machine for Linux on the same computer
and use Samba to mount a windows folder to the Linux
machine.  That way I can do all the editting and
source control on Windows, but run the application on
linux via a console terminal, like Putty
("http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/")

I'm not sure about screen readers for Putty, but that
runs under windows so I would hope the screen reader
for that would work.

That way you can more easily follow tutorials written
primarily for the Unix platform.  Let me know if you
decide to try this and need some help to set it up.

Good Luck,
John