[Catalyst] Various login problems

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 16:34:25 GMT 2006

On 12/27/06, Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 10:35:27AM -0500, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> > Any suggestions what might be causing this, or where I should
> > start to try to figure it out? Keep in mind that I cannot seem
> > to force this to happen, so when it's OK, as it is now, I can't
> > get it started.
>
> This sounds a bit like the old "tell mysql not to be so annoying" flag -
> try setting the "mysql_auto_reconnect" option:
>
>  http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBD-mysql/lib/DBD/mysql.pm#mysql_auto_reconnect
>
> I think you can pass/set it in the DSN string.

Also, if you just used DBIx::Class instead of straight DBI, automatic
reconnect would be transparently handled for you on all databases.
mysql_auto_reconnect is MySQL-specific, doesn't work if AutoCommit is
off, and doesn't re-establish locks (whereas using your locks within a
txn_do via DBIx::Class should always Do The Right Thing).

-- Brandon