[Catalyst] Anyone with PHP / Smarty Background

Rhett Creighton rhett at creighton.com
Sun Dec 31 06:42:21 GMT 2006

On that note, I'm really confused when I see projects with all these
random directories OUTSIDE the MVC directories.  Maybe they're inside
lib/MyApp, maybe they're not.  Can somebody shed some light on this?  For
example, in the mojomojo source, inside lib/MojoMojo, the directories are
Model, View, Controller, Formatter, Schema .  Shouldn't Schema and
Formatter be in Model?

Related question 2:  I'm writing modules for Catalyst App, that I'd like
to be accessible outside my Catalyst app.  Sure, I could just put the
modules in my site_perl directory, but are there preferred methods, to
keep the app bundled better?  I assume that's what these extraneous
directories I see may be trying to achieve?

Can someone shed some light on this?  Thanks!

Rhett