[Catalyst] Subversion on Sourceforge

Gary Ashton-Jones Gary_ASHTON-JONES at rta.nsw.gov.au
Thu Feb 2 23:36:16 CET 2006

Adding to the list, sad unfortunates like me are stuck behind a
corporate firewall which won't allow PROPFIND. Of course this also
applies to CVS (uses port 2401) so it really is no worse.

<rant>I wish people who design version control systems would think about
things like firewalls. darcs is the only vcs that I can use here in
firewall oblivion. Of course I've written a Perl module which scrapes
web-based viewers like WebCVS and Trac but it's still a pain (I'm up to
9 different formats so far).</rant>

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 05:35:26AM -0800, Dennis Daupert wrote:
>
>> I'm on the Sourceforge mailing list. I got this post today:
>>
>>   In keeping with our objectives, we launched our Subversion beta program
>>   on January 12, 2006.  The beta is going quite smoothly, and feedback has
>>   been largely positive.  We plan to offer Subversion site-wide by the end
>>   of February.
>>

> So now we can have old mailing list software, awful download facilities and
> an ugly interface complete with an empty subversion repo?
>
> (Catalyst/bast svn admin, no I wouldn't trust sf to get it right ... :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.