[Catalyst] Authenticating a "Normal CGI Script" Inside a Catalyst Application

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:12:54 CET 2006

On 1/28/06, Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 20:52:09 -0500, hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
> > Thanks.  Excellent information.
> >
> > For some reason my call to "$stdout = $c->stdout;" (after the CGI.pmstuff
> > has generated the HTML output) doesn't seem to get anything back in the
> > "$stdout->getline" loop, but I'll keep playing with it.
>
> $stdout is *probably* either an IO::Scalar or IO::Handle for an
> 'open my $fh, \$scalar', so just treat it like a filehandle.
>
> Use Data::Dumper to poke inside it, and see what you get.

Hi Yuval,

Once again, I owe you a big thanks for your excellent assistance.  It took a
little tinkering, but I eventually got it.  I wasn't paying close enough
attention to the "Synopsis Example" where it embeds all the AsCGI stuff
inside a block, causing the environment to be restored before the while loop
at the bottom.  In my case, I added a call to $c->restore() and it did the
trick.

Take care,