[Catalyst] Is it normal to have lots of trouble installing catalyst?

Simon Wilcox simonw at digitalcraftsmen.net
Wed Feb 8 14:44:20 CET 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Bernard FRIT wrote:

> I was unable to install Catalyst on an Ubuntu laptop, first because
> Unbuntu's perl was threaded perl and didn't work for some of the
> packages I use (Ima::DBI I think) and then because of the
> inconsistency of cpan's depencies.

That was only a warning. I have Catalyst running on Ubuntu quite happily.

DBI warns about threads when it installs but unless you're actually using
threads you'll be quite OK. There's a slight performance overhead in
running a threaded perl but for development you won't notice it.

Simon.

--
Digital Craftsmen Ltd
213 Coppergate House, 16 Brune Street, London. E1 7NJ