[Catalyst] Catalyst performance under load

Richard Jolly Richard.Jolly at bbc.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 11:30:13 CET 2006

Hi,

We've been using Catalyst for a project with much happiness. But now we
have some hostile management questions about performance under load.
Basically its considered new, unproven technology good for 'prototyping'
but quite probably inappropriate for production.

So I'm asking if there is any existing data for load/stress testing, or
anecdotal accounts of it being used for high availability/high load
sites. I've seen the wiki page listing sites using catalyst [
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/ ], but I fear none of these are big enough
to convince management.

We have to make a case to an unsympathetic audience - please help us
gather evidence and arguments.

Thanks,

Richard Jolly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/