[Catalyst] Catalyst performance under load

David Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:44:14 CET 2006

On 9 Feb 2006, at 10:30, Richard Jolly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've been using Catalyst for a project with much happiness. But
> now we have some hostile management questions about performance
> under load. Basically its considered new, unproven technology good
> for 'prototyping' but quite probably inappropriate for production.
Well, they're about to put a Ruby based site into production so you've
got nothing to worry about!

The only stats that matter are yours:

1. How long does it take to compose a page? The second time.

2. How much can you cache? (Squid on the front, TT caching etc. etc.)

3. How can you scale vertically/horizontally?

4. What web server style are you using? (mod_perl, FCGI etc)

I'm more than happy to take this off line and help. It's what I do,
measuring and sprucing up web server performance :-)

Dave