[Catalyst] Catalyst performance under load

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Thu Feb 9 15:03:55 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:29:51PM +0000, Simon Elliott wrote:

> I believe http://www.jessesword.com/sf/ survived a slashdotting some
> time ago when catalyst was in its infancy. Perhaps Jesse can provide
> some figures for this?

I think I did post figures to the list, but can't find them ATM;
I think they were in the range of several thousand hits per
minute at the peak point. But this is likely to be vastly less
than what any BBC site would get on an off day.

I'd be happy to discuss this in more detail if it would really
help anyone convince management. I use Cat for a bunch of other
things, but nothing that generates the kind of load that the
SF site got after slashdotting.

Jesse Sheidlower