[Catalyst] Here's my shot at an app to install Catalyst Dependencies

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Feb 9 17:45:00 CET 2006

John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Right now the attached shell script will install
> pretty much everything without prompting you for
> dependent modules.  For any of the prompts for things
> like LWP or CPANPLUS you can just accept all the
> defaults.

To make an installer with no prompts for Krang, we used the Expect
module.  You'd have to write your installer in Perl, but it sounds like
you plan to do that anyway.  You're welcome to take some code from
Krang::Platform (available by anonymous CVS from http://krang.sf.net/)
to get Expect working.  It handles bootstrapping Expect, and can compile
  both MakeMaker and Module::Build modules.

- Perrin