[Catalyst] Installation: a toy to play with

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Feb 10 04:34:59 CET 2006

I just added

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/BAST-Installer-PerlBundle/

to the bast repo. It's *unbelievably* rough as yet. It probably doesn't
work properly. But it's a start.

You need

(1) a minicpan mirror
(2) a vanilla perl (5.8.7 in my case) with CPAN configured and Module::Build
    installed but *nothing* else
(3) a box running some form of *n?x (too tired to test windows, 3:20am here)

On my machine I get

matthewt at obrien:testperl$ bin/test 2>/dev/null && make -n DBIx-Class-0.05003
bin/install_dist Module-Build-0.2611
bin/install_dist Class-Accessor-0.22
bin/install_dist Class-Accessor-Chained-0.01
bin/install_dist Sub-Uplevel-0.09
bin/install_dist Test-Simple-0.62
bin/install_dist Test-Exception-0.21
bin/install_dist Data-Page-2.00
bin/install_dist SQL-Abstract-1.20
bin/install_dist DBI-1.50
bin/install_dist SQL-Abstract-Limit-0.12
bin/install_dist Carp-Clan-5.3
bin/install_dist Class-C3-0.10
bin/install_dist Class-Data-Accessor-0.02
bin/install_dist DBD-SQLite-1.11
bin/install_dist DBIx-Class-0.05003

which isn't a half-bad start. Note: yes, I appear to have reinvented a
couple of wheels badly here. But CPAN::Unwind blew itself away when something
had a dep on perl, CPANPLUS has always driven me insane and I was aiming for
"absolute bare minimum moving parts".

Suggestions, contributions, patches and heckling are all welcome. People
willing to help document this thing once it works are *very* welcome :)