[Catalyst] Here's my shot at an app to install Catalyst Dependencies

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:35:58 CET 2006

On 2/9/06, Nathan Kurz <nate at verse.com> wrote:
> example, Catalyst::Log:Log4Perl has a Makefile.PL with these requirements:
>     PREREQ_PM => {
>         Catalyst           => '5.30',
>         'Log::Log4perl' => 0,
>     },
> But on Line 60 of Log4Perl.pm, it says "use Params::Validate;".
>
> This is an unlisted requirement that causes the CPAN install to fail.
> Is there a reason not to add this requirement?  If not, could someone
> with SVN access just add this?  And perhaps for do the same for the
> small handful of other unlisted requirements that have been noted?

The Log::Log4Perl INSTALLATION chapter in the POD says:

If you want to use external appenders provided with C<Log::Dispatch>,
you need to install C<Log::Dispatch> (2.00 or better) from CPAN,
which itself depends on C<Attribute-Handlers> and
C<Params-Validate>. And a lot of other modules, that's the reason
why we're now shipping Log::Log4perl with its own standard appenders
and only if you wish to use additional ones, you'll have to go through
the C<Log::Dispatch> installation process.

Does Catalyst use Log::Dispatch?  If yes than perhaps it would be
better to add Log::Dispatch as the prerequisite.

-- Zbyszek