[Catalyst] Drop to Perl Debugger?

Andrew Libby andrew.libby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:23:48 CET 2006

hkclark at gmail.com wrote:

>On 2/10/06, Sebastian Riedel <sri at oook.de> wrote:
>

>>10.02.2006 02:20 <hkclark at gmail.com> <hkclark at gmail.com>:
>>

>>>Is there a way to drop to the perl debugger while a Catalyst app is
>>>running in the development server script?  Maybe with something like:
>>>
>>>$DB::Single=1
>>>
>>>So that you can pay around with model objects and stuff "live"?
>>>

>>perl -d script/myapp_server.pl
>>

>>--
>>sebastian
>>

>Argh... isn't it always the most obvious things that trip you up. :-(
>Sorry for the dumb question.  I thought I had tried that... but
>obviously not.  Thanks for the help.
>
>Richard,
>I also like your suggestion... that's a good one I had not thought of.
>
>Do folks feel that this might be good info to add under "Errors and
>Debugging" and "How to debug your app?" in the FAQ on the Wiki?  I
>would be glad to do that, but other folks could consider it a bad
>suggestion. :-)
>
>Thanks again,

I may be a moron, but my response to the question was 'eureka!'  I'd
recomment putting
it in the FAQ.  I think it'll save bandwidth and is pretty enlightening.

Andy

--
Andrew Libby
alibby at philadelphiariders.com
http://philadelphiariders.com/
Motorcycle Enthusiasm, Fishtown Style

1999 SV650
1999 Laverda 750S
1996 BMWR1100RS
1981 Moto Guzzi CX100 (in Lemans I clothing)