[Catalyst] 124 Plugins on CPAN!

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Feb 11 04:04:49 CET 2006

* Adam Jacob <adam at stalecoffee.org> [2006-02-11 01:25]:
>Perhaps instead of crossing them off, we have an "Active and
>Encouraged" list and an "Inactive and Discouraged" list.
>Perhaps with better names. :)

If the modules aren’t actively maintained, they’re worthless to
existing users. And unmaintained clutter will make the landscape
confusing to navigate for new users.

Trust me, this is not an experience you want to put newcomers
through; I’ve worked on/with too many codebases already where
there were several variously current ways of doing the same thing
and all of these cases were about as fun as getting teeth pulled.
Dead code is a nightmare.

Please, let’s make Catalyst newbie-friendly.

Regards,