[Catalyst] How do I use use DBIx::Class::Schema and Catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Feb 11 16:27:46 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 10:43:11PM +0000, Alex Kavanagh wrote:
> I went straight to the manual stuff, especially after what I read on
> the dbix-class mailing list.  Apparently the loader stuff is only to
> get started and then you are expected to switch to manual
> configuration for anything complicated.

There's no requirement to do so, but as time goes on it tends to be the
easiest way to do it - especially given the DBIC SQL::Translator support
that was introduced in 0.05.

Personally, I've never used Loader in a production application (for CDBI
*or* DBIC) and most likely never will - but that's very much my personal
choice rather than a formal recommendation.