[Catalyst] 124 Plugins on CPAN!

apv apv at sedition.com
Sat Feb 11 18:23:56 CET 2006

I could be wrong but haven't several messages been on this list about
not
following some of the entries or how they should be done "correctly"
today?

I think the main point is that it seems like there are 10 entry points
for
beginners right now (the list, the calendar the irc, the various
independent
FAQs, the pod, the wiki). I liked the calendar but I'd personally
rather see
that kind of energy go into the POD. For a fast moving framework,
leaving
around a lot of static documentation isn't good long term strategy.

Eg, the shared hosting calendar entry is basically a fragment of the
wiki page.
The wiki page, you'll note mentions CatInABox, which is something you
were trying to get people to remember existed a couple days ago.

http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2005/10
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/Dreamhost

When I or others make this kind of suggestion, we're not attacking you
or Catalyst. There's NO NEED for the caps and such. :)

-Ashley