[Catalyst] Creating sessions using database

Vidya Sagar vsagarkola at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:11:13 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have to create a session to my database elements.....So i am using the
perl module "Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::CDBI" ...if u observe there
are some methods in use to create sessions....is that compulsory.....willnt
it directly get created after configuring the sessions...

 To be in brief.....I have created a session.pm file and also created a
table in the backend......and have configured the sessions in my .pm file as

use Catalyst qw/Session Session::Store::CDBI Session::State::Cookie/;

    GMS->config->{session} = {
        storage_class => 'GMS::Model::Session',
        id_field      => 'gid',
        storage_field => 'stg',
        expires_field => 'expires',
        expires       => 3600,
        need_commit   => 0,
    };

shall i have to write any more methods to create a session or
not........like , i have seen some methods in CPAN as

 get_session_data store_session_data delete_session_data
delete_expired_sessions
setup_actions setup_session should i write all those methods...if so can
anyone tell me how to do it....coz i m not getting it when i tried
them..........Thank You