[Catalyst] perl 5.8.0 vs. 5.8.1

Tim McIntyre tmac at easystreet.com
Tue Feb 14 19:54:56 CET 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 5:07 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:

>>> Why bother? Production deployment under FastCGI should work fine
>>> on shared
>>> hosting.
>>
>> Maybe he wants to use mod_perl.
>
> And "Why bother?", being as it was the sentence construction known in
> english as a question, was an invitation to further comment of
> *why* he
> would want to use mod_perl, surprisingly enough.

I'm kinda stubborn I guess and have it stuck in my head that it's the
best way to go.  Maybe I'll investigate FastCGI a bit more.  I do
like having access to the Apache life cycle though... hmm.

Thanks for all the input but I still don't understand what
specifically is different from 5.8.0 to  5.8.1 that allows Catalyst
to run.  If it's just because of one of the bugs in 5.8.0 which one
is it?  Is there a new feature between those versions?  Was it
determined that 5.8.0 just wasn't worth the trouble so 5.8.1 is
required for no specific reason?

Thanks!  Chau!
Tim McIntyre