[Catalyst] External plugins

Ovid publiustemp-catalyst at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 22:50:28 CET 2006

Of courser I sent this to Christopher instead of the list.  Grrrr ...

Trying once again to master the complexities of email:

--- "Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, why not split the problem into its two parts?
>
> package Catalyst::Plugin::In::Another::Namespace;
> use base qw/Some::Plugin::In::Another::Namespace/;
>
> sub a place to override things just in case in needed to be {
>
> };

Because we don't want to create a lib/Catalyst/Plugin directory in our
apps just to have packages with one line of code (and further
complicating the inheritance tree).  While there are other tricks I can
use to avoid even that extra directory tree, simply fixing
setup_plugins() is much cleaner.

Cheers,
Ovid