[Catalyst] External plugins

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Feb 14 22:56:42 CET 2006

Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> I'll see your non-CC reply, and raise you one non-CCed reply. :-)
>
> -=Chris
>
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Ovid wrote:

>>> Because we don't want to create a lib/Catalyst/Plugin directory in our
>>> apps just to have packages with one line of code (and further
>>> complicating the inheritance tree).  While there are other tricks I can
>>> use to avoid even that extra directory tree, simply fixing
>>> setup_plugins() is much cleaner.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ovid
>>>
>> Using M::P::Fast, based on M::P, I would suspect there is some level of
>> tweaking that can be done to add another namespace to the mix of ones to
>> search... but I guess that depends on how silly Fast is..

To that effect...
Module::Pluggable has search_path(),search_dirs().
Module::Pluggable doesn't appear to have the methods, only the import
options.

I would assume the easiest course of action would be to add the
search_path() back in, and get it called before setup()

Or, just tweak config to look for some new setting...