[Catalyst] [Task] Building a better JavaScript (AJAX) toolkit

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Feb 15 19:19:30 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 06:47:14PM +0100, Kiefer, Sascha wrote:
> Unfortunatly, it looks really good.

I'd vote for dojo. The developers seem to have a concept of architecture
that none of the other JS toolkits do. My favourite example so far being

---
As alluded to earlier, dojo.io.bind() supports pluggable back-ends. When a
request is passed into bind, it asks each of the registered transport systems
if they will accepted the request in turn. The first one to say yes gets
passed the request to handle. In most cases, this is the XMLHTTP transport,
but not for forms with file uploads. For these occasions, Dojo provides an
IframeIO module. Since we can target a form to be submitted in whatever frame
we please, the IframeIO class lets the browser process the request normally,
but still in the background. Using it is as simple as adding the following
line to your scripts:

dojo.require("dojo.io.IframeIO");

Now, passing the formNode parameter will work for both upload and non-upload
cases.
---

(from http://alex.dojotoolkit.org/?p=528)

(and to those who're about to yell "but the demos are really slow", that's
because the demos require in lots of js snippets at runtime; that'd be
built into a single js file for deployment which is *much* faster)