[Catalyst] [Please Read] Mass patch attachments for all Helper namespace!

Gavin Henry ghenry at perl.me.uk
Fri Feb 17 17:37:38 CET 2006

<quote who="Chisel Wright">
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 11:18:54AM -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, what is:
>>
>> 	=begin pod_to_ignore
>>
>> specific to? The CPAN Indexer, or the various pod2* tools?
>> Google doesn't turn up much.
>
> I thought that if you had something for =begin that nothing matched,
> then everything would ignore it. So I gather from reading 'perldoc
> perlpod'.
>
> Since there's unlikely to be anything to process pod_to_ignore it's just
> masked universally.

Yup:

--------------------------
"=begin formatname"
"=end formatname"
"=for formatname text..."

For, begin, and end will let you have regions of text/code/data that are
not generally interpreted as normal Pod text, but are passed directly to
particular formatters, or are otherwise special.  A formatter that can use
that format will use the region, otherwise it will be completely ignored.

So don't anyone write a formater for "pod_to_ignore" ;-)

Gavin.

--
Walking the road to enlightenment... I found a penguin and a camel on the
way..... Fancy a yourname at perl.me.uk? Just ask!!!